Popular Posts

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dirty Laundry.....Clean it Up!

Laundry......in this house it seems as if the laundry is actually fornicating and reproducing in my basement.  I swear I wash every possible dirty thing in the house, yet the next day I walk past the laundry room and, crap, more laundry.  I was looking for a good laundry soap that I can use on ALL of my laundry, including my son's dirty cloth diapers.  I loved the fact that MamaSuds is all natural and chemical free, but can it do the dirty work with out the additives?  Lets find out!



Today's review item was put to the test in three different ways:

1. Dirty, dirty, cloth diapers compliments of Jack
2. A dirty Salvation Army jacket with stains
3. Everyday laundry

Test #1: Dirty Diaper.....and they were gross!

I decided to spare you the pictures on this one, trust me these diapers were well spoiled!  Into the laundry went 15 cloth diapers with 1/8 a cup of MamaSuds Laundry Soap.  As I took them out of the wash and into the dryer, they seemed to be looking good, but wanted to wait til they were dry to make my decision.  45 minutes later...Voila!  Clean diapers!!  I was truly impressed.  Not only were the diapers clean and free of smells, but they were soft and fluffy without the use of any additives.


Test #2: Dirty, Stained Jacket

I had purchased a jacket from the Salvation Army  - nice jacket, but it was dirty and had a good size stain on the sleeve.  I had actually washed the jacket in the remaining laundry soap I had left the day before.  The jacket was cleaner, but the stain on the sleeve was still very noticeable.  In this scenrio I used the laundry soap as my pre-treat, putting it directly on the stained area, rubbing in a little and then washed as normal.  From washer to dryer, and.......Voila!  Clean jacket. I was even more surprised this time.  This jacket had already been treated and washed once with little results.  I was very impressed!

Test #3: Everyday Laundry

I have been using MamaSuds laundry soap for about a week now with my normal everyday laundry.  So, it should be no surprise after the first two tests, that I am enjoying clean, fresh, soft, laundry! I love that you don't need much soap, 1/8th of a cup per load is all you need.  For heavy soiled items you can use more.  So far, I have not needed to.  I will tell you the only thing I didn't like about the soap was that I had to keep a measuring cup out to measure (no pre-measured cap, which other soaps offer).  Then I reminded myself that it was hardly an issue, life could be worse, I could be washing dirty diapers on a wash board (Thank you, modern technology!).

I would recommend MamaSuds laundry soap to anyone and everyone.  It is all natural and chemical free, which is perfect for children.  And to top it off, it turns your dirty laundry into fresh, clean clothes!  The best part:  You would think that if it cleans so well it would be costly.....not so!  MamaSuds is $30 for 2 gallons of soap......that breaks down to just $0.12 per load!!

MamaSuds = MOMMY APPROVED!

A few other things from questions that were asked: Yes, the soap can be used for HE (high efficiency) washers. The soap is fragrance free, but they have natural scents that can be added.
Check out MamaSuds:

www.FamilySafeSoap.com
www.amazon.com/MamaSuds-Laundry-Soap-gallon-Shipping/dp/B006V4H9A8
www.facebook.com/pages/MamaSuds/257240647659779

1 comment: