Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Healin' Groovy with BabyGanics


Since last weeks review was baby powder, I thought this week we would keep on the topic of baby bums and look at product that can also be used on baby's bum, BabyGanics Healin' Groovy Ointment.  I have used a few different diaper rash creams on my little one. I always look for a product that is as natural as possible.  Healin' Groovy is non-petroleum, hypo-allergenic ointment, that has NO parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or  toxins.  

This past weekend my little man ate some food that did not agree with him causing a very red bottom.  Not that  I like to use him as a guinea pig, but I thought this might be a good time to test out the new ointment that I had heard such good things about.   I'll be honest when I first opened Healin' Groovy, I had my doubts.  It initally has the look and feel of petroleum jelly.  I was pleasantly surprised when I applied it, the thicker texture provides great coverage on baby's bottom.  And my worry of it being greasy was way off, the ointment covers and protects, but does not leave a greasy feeling behind.  Within one diaper change, I noticed a vast improvement in the rash.  After 24 hours the rash was reduced to just a few red spots, and the obvious discomfort of my poor babe was gone. Now, that is the abbreviated version.  If you want to know how the application went on a babe with diaper rash, imagine a wrestling match with a contortionist.  Though I won in the end, it was not with out a fight!

The best part - I found out by accident that it works wonders on skin besides baby's bum.  I have been battling a dry patch of skin on the back of my hand for a couple months now.  Just when I think it is gone, it comes creeping back.  I had a little extra ointment left on my hand so I rubbed it on the back of my hand a couple times.  Guess whats gone.....my dry skin!  That's right, it might be marketed for baby, but this ointment is great for all kinds of dry and cracked skin.  There is nothing better than having one product that you can use for multiple things.

This product is great for diapering, but I would not recommend for cloth diapering.

BabyGanics is dedicated to making safe, effective, eco-friendly products.  The products are developed by two Dads who were looking for safe, non-toxic products for their families.  Thank you Kevin & Keith for sharing this great product with the world!  Check out their website for all the great products they offer for the whole household.

Want to try this product? Check back soon for a great giveaway!

Healin' Groovy = Mommy APPROVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment